Attend the Community Meetings
Due to the lack of awareness and information sharing at the community-level, we think community meetings are beneficial. The first meeting was held May 10th, 2019, and the next meeting is scheduled for July 19th, 2019. Meeting notes and details regarding future meetings are available here.
Help Spread the Word!
- Talk to your neighbors – many still don’t know about the project
- Sign the petition – we will present this to the OPSB
- Donate – this helps fund the community meetings, mailings, yard signs, etc.
- Show your support – order a CGA sign or shirt
Participate in the OPSB Application Process
Energy projects of this size in Ohio are governed by the Ohio Power Siting Board (OPSB). Before the project can move forward, Lendlease will have to submit an application to the OPSB and go through a regulated process that includes public notification, meetings, and hearings. Residents can participate in the hearings, but will have to register by a set deadline to provide official input at the hearings. It will be important to watch for notifications, and follow instructions for registration.
The OPSB website (https://www.opsb.ohio.gov/) allows you to see current and previous energy project applications, the rules governing the projects, the application process flow, and allows you to sign-up to receive notifications. Important details about how the public can participate or provide input are provided under Public Participation.
Contact Local Government
- Local governments have a responsibility to represent the community
- Request that they seek concerns/information/opinions from the community
- Request that they represent the community throughout the application process
- Encourage them to plan ahead and work with other townships
Miami Township – miamitownship.net
225 Corry Street
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Township meetings are held the second and last Thursday of the month at 7PM.
70 N Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
Xenia Township – xeniatownship.org
8 Brush Row Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Something Missing? If information you were searching for is not available on the CGA site let us know! Please send us a message here.
The information on this website is Citizens for Greene Acres’s best attempt to collect and share information with the community. Any and all views and opinions expressed in the material provided do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Citizens for Greene Acres. Any and all content provided is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.