Citizens for Greene Acres (CGA) is a grass-roots group of residents, land owners, and friends of a rural neighborhood that spans portions of Miami, Cedarville, and Xenia Townships in Greene County, Ohio. CGA came together in the spring of 2019 to inform local residents and share information about a proposed utility-scale solar array (USSA) slated for construction in our predominantly agricultural and recreational region of the county.
Our Objectives and Mission
- To foster awareness of the rural character and attributes of a unique neighborhood in Greene County, Ohio.
- To consider the impact and implications of a utility-scale solar array on longstanding and productive agricultural landscapes.
- To promote preservation and stewardship of farmland, cultural, natural and recreational resources for current and future generations.
- To encourage and ensure community participation in proposed utility-scale energy projects.
- To demand transparency by sharing and making available information and resources.
- To engage with civility—as neighbors and as citizens—in a constructive discussion about the scale and compatibility of this project.